Being a writer can often feel like an isolating one. Sitting in a room on your own with only your thoughts to keep you company. The wonderful thing about blogging though, is you get to engage with all sorts of people. Some of them may not even blog on the same subject as you but that does not always matter.
So, thank you http://www.psbarbosa.com/blog for nominating me. You appear to have a wonderfully positive and supportive outlook on things. You can also find him on Twitter @HeyPSBarbosa.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
I should start by saying this is not an ‘award’ in the traditional sense. It is more a scheme for bloggers to show support to one another. There are blogs for literally everything. Some people are experts within their field, some are trying to raise a profile for line of work and others do it purely for enjoyment. It is engaging, positive and rewarding. The requirements of the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Write a blog thanking the person that nominated you.
- Explain your story and how/why you started blogging.
- Share 2 general pieces of advice to other bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers to do the same thing!
My Blogging Story
If you follow my blog, you will know I am an amateur fictional writer. I had been writing for just over a year when a published author recommend I start writing a blog. She said it would be a great way to engage with other writers and it will also improve my writing. She was 100% spot on.
Having a blog is a fantastic exercise if you wish to be a writer. It is also quite fun if you are an opinionated so-in-so like me! The world of fiction in all it’s formation has always been a real love of mine. I believe it is the best form of creativity and can go for as long as your imagination will allow. It is why I discuss things like books, films and writing. I am not however, a REVIEW BLOGGER. This requires a particular skill which, I do not have. I leave that to the many other’s out there who do an amazing job!
- Blog About Your Passion. Just like any other form of creativity, it is no good just saying ‘I want to be a blogger”. What you need is something to blog about? THAT is the key to a good blog. If you love cooking, I can guarantee your enthusiasm will oose out of the words you write, if you started a blog about it. When people have a passion and they discover a platform in which, to share that enjoyment, it can only be a positive thing. By writing about the thing you love, you will never run out of things to talk about. Also, by sticking to a particular subject(s) it is easier to market a particular audience.
- Just Write! There are hundreds of people who will offer courses, books, web links and such on ‘How to write a successful blog’. But here is the stickler folks – there are a lot of bloggers. An awful lot so, if you want to make a career of out blogging, you need to be a spectacular marketer. But if, like me you are doing it for other purposes then just write for the enjoyment. Write badly written blogs that make no sense, they are great to look back on once you have been doing it for a few years and can see how much you have improved! Write with anger, write with enthusiasm, write with a confused mind. It is one of the many joys of being a blogger.
Recommended Other Bloggers
Here are some bloggers I think you should definitely check out!
- Film Music Central (via WordPress)
- Socialworker Angela (via WordPress)
- EmotionsofLife2016 (via WordPress)
- Barnaby Taylor (via WordPress)
- Singledust (via WordPress)
- THE MAD MOVIE RANTER (via WordPress)
- Writedmayall (via WordPress)
- Rebecca Reads (via WordPress)
- Phannie the Ginger Bookworm (via WordPress)
- Rimpys Reads (via WordPress)
- Kymberlee Faye (via WordPress)
- @Cathpoucher (via Twitter)
- Just a Normal Mummy (via Facebook)